Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

IT’S WINTER

I always dread wintertime.  Here in the Midwest, in the Ohio Valley, we can be sure of one thing:  You can never trust the weather here.  In the summertime the humidity can climb to 120 percent and you can nearly drown just walking to the car, or sometimes in mid-July a cold spell will travel through demanding the furnace be stoked up once more.

But today, when I went out for my walk, the gray, hazy, drizzly, cold morning enveloping me like a hug from my best friend, I realized that the start of winter is undeniably one of my favorite times of the year. The START of winter.  I have to reiterate that.  There will be a time in the not too distant future that this blog will turn 360 degrees, and I might even post a photo of myself crying at the sound of sleet pinging against the air conditioner or the forecast of a third day of snowfall, making it impossible to move my car from its driveway for days on end.

For now, though, I have to say, “I love winter.”

The photo blog below tells the story:  From my feet trudging up the hill, to the hazy days of winter photos in the neighborhood and a wave from the Pelican street sweeper driver who passes my house every morning before dawn has been gone for long, I cherished the day and spoke a quiet reverent prayer as I walked along.

A my feet

A hazy shade of winter

 

 

 

 

 

A street cleaner

A school 

A across lot

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday, Thanksgiving Eve, and to all of you a happy Thanksgiving celebration.  Be sure to hug everyone you love and tell them how much you love them, then bow your head and thank God for each and every one of them!

I love you all!

1 comment:

Magpie said...

Kathy, what a beautiful post...very poetic. I hope all is well with you and yours and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!