Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 28, 2010

SENSATIONAL SUNDAY

"Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week."
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)


Today, Sunday, I find myself caught up in the peacefulness of the day.  February 28, 2010, not a leap year, just a regular year in which Sunday is like a soft-serve vanilla ice cream cone.  Decadent, delicious, satisfying, quiet, and pleasing to the senses. 

I don't know if I am getting lazy, or if I am just beginning to enjoy the slowed pace of middle age.  There is no urgency in the day today.  I get done what I have to get done, then I reward myself by curling back up on my big king-sized bed with my latest book, the restlessness of "prior to age fifty-three" trickling away, almost like water running down my back. 


Now is the time for walking instead of running, loving instead of condemning, learning instead of knowing it all.  Now is the time to write, to sing, to dance, to laugh in a way that releases all the tensions.  Now is the time to call friends, have an extra cup of coffee, talk to neighbors, and listen more carefully to nature.  

Sunday.  What a story.  


                                    Image courtesy of http://www.imgfave.com/

1 comment:

Magpie said...

Lovely, lovely thoughts...and oh so wise for someone of such a young age. Enjoy your Sunday and all of next week as well.