Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 01, 2010

CAMPING AT PATOKA LAKE

My tent at our campsite.

I am going to sort of veer off-topic here, away from my camping trip to New Mexico to share some pictures from our weekend trip this past weekend here in Indiana.  Jamie and her family joined me, Don joined me after work last night, and we ate, drank a little bit, visited with our neighbors, had a fire, walked, swam, and slept with the cool breeze blowing in through the open tent windows with the night woods sounds surrounding us.  

Patoka Lake where we camped.

Where we swam and got sunburned.
Kid enjoying camping...note the "I don't use training wheels anymore," knot on the forehead...
This is what I saw out the window of my tent.
Ready for a hike to the beach.
It's like the sun's going down on me. 
Looks like Jesus looking down on our quieting campsite.  How comforting.
 

1 comment:

Magpie said...

These are beautiful shots and what fun that you've embraced the camping tradition so whole-heartedly. Looks like fun!