Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

When Daddies Dance - For Fred and Cathi

I wonder if you remember the way you
Used to catch me if I'd fall.
The special things you said to me
From up there, ten feet tall.

I wonder if you laughed at night
At the silly things I did,
About the way I looked to you
To keep my secrets hid.

Because I remember, Daddy,
How much you meant to me and
That you noticed something here
That no one else could see.

I remember that you saved me
From myself time and time again.
Without you all the things I am
I never could have been.

Only special daddies dance and
I remember you that way.
I could never love you any more
Than I love you here today.

Go dance with the angels in Heaven,
Go dance among the stars.
You'll always be here with me
In the memories that are ours.

Go dance across the sky,
You're free to do that now.
Pirouette between the clouds,
Take your final bow.

I'll be standing down here watching,
Applauding loudest of them all
And remembering what you said to me
From up there, ten feet tall.

Now go dance with the angels in Heaven,
Go dance among the stars.
You'll always be here with me
In the memories that are ours.

Kathy McWhirt
3/1/06

No comments: